We live in a culture that drives us to do, produce, and consume more—constantly. As a result, our schedules are packed, while our lives seem empty. Greg McKeown’s Essentialism, one of the best business books I’ve ever read, offers the perspective and tools we need to break free from this trap.continue reading.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why “keeping your options open” might be the worst decision you ever make.
- When it comes to our actions, there are really just two different approaches to life.
- Why opportunities can sometimes be traps.
- How scarcity drives decisions that end up drowning us.
- Why we overvalue opportunities and activities and what we can do to streamline our lives for the best effect.
- Why creating space in our lives to evaluate opportunities is essential for our productivity and quality of life.
- The key questions to ask yourself about where you want to take your business and your life.
- Why we usually underestimate the time and resources it will take to follow through on our commitments.
- The value of a buffer for ensuring our commitments match our long-term goals.